WHAT TO BRING WHEN FINANCING
One of the things we are asked all the time is what to bring in when buying or leasing a vehicle. Here is the scoop:
• Down payment – Know in advance how much you plan to put down. More is always better – it reduces your monthly payment and interest, especially if your credit score isn’t at the top of the range.
• Driver’s license – if you live in a state other than Ohio, we will also need your Social Security card
• If you do not have a Social Security card, we will need your passport or Visa and driver’s license
• Your insurance card
• If you have a trade in, we will need its title. If it must be towed in, we will need its VIN number and mileage.
• A pay stub or other proof of income. This must be dated within 30 days. If you are a contract or gig worker, we will need your 1099’s or W-2’s.
• Proof of residence. A bill is fine, but it must not be past due or a shutoff notice. Those understandably make banks nervous.
• If you know that you will be seeking special finance, it’s a good idea to have a list of references: Name, address, and phone number. They cannot live with you.