SERVICE TIPS FOR THE PANDEMIC
If you’re like most folks these days, you’re not driving as much as usual. Along with expecting Motorcars employees to wear masks, provide social distancing, and sanitize work areas and your car, there are some service tips that apply specifically to vehicles that have sat for a while.
5. Make sure you at least drive around the block once a week. This services 2 purposes: Prevents flat spots from forming on your tires and keeps your battery healthy. It’s frustrating to need to go somewhere only to find out your battery is dead.
6. Don’t store hand sanitizer in your car. Several alcohol-based brands may spontaneously combust in a hot car.
7. Get a free battery test, tire tread depth analysis, and alignment check at Motorcars. We’ll also top off your fluids for free and give you a free Rainforest car wash voucher to wash off the dust.
8. Rotate your tires every 5,000 miles. This will ensure that they wear more evenly and last longer.
9. When gasoline sits, water vapor in your gas tank condenses and can cause your car to start or run rough. A small bottle of ‘dry gas’ (gas treatment) can take care of this, and typically costs $5 – $9.