Nitrogen Inflated Tires available in Cleveland, OH
As the automotive industry continues to advance, your tires cannot be left behind. For more than a century, drivers have filled their tires with the same traditional gaseous substance, air. Air is composed of 78% percent nitrogen, just under 21% percent nitrogen, and the rest is water vapor, CO2 and small concentrations of noble gases such as neon and argon. But is air really the finest option for keeping your tires in the best shape possible? Surprisingly to some, the answer is no. The best alternative to air is actually nitrogen.
Why should you pick nitrogen inflated tires over air inflated tires?
- Overall Best Driving Experience
- Nitrogen is the exact inflation gas that all tires should be filled with. It’s the tire option that will give you the greatest performance and best overall driving experience. As an inert gas, nitrogen puts nothing into your tires other than pressure. On the flip side, air adds around 20% of oxygen to your wheels, which speeds up a tire’s rot and corrosion processes.
- Improve Tire Efficiency
- In over 7 million miles of testing, nitrogen was found to help tires last up to 50% longer, and fail 75% less often. Nitrogen inflated tires were seen to increase a driver's fuel economy by up to 10%, as well as improve steering, handling, and breaking.
- Prevent Under-Inflation
- One of the main issues that comes from air-filled tires is their under-inflation rate. Under-inflated tires cause 250,000 accidents every year and are responsible for 90% of all tire blowouts. Nitrogen helps with all of these issues by keeping tires at the correct pressure for longer.
Benefits of Nitrogen inflated tires:
- Decrease false alarms from tires pressure monitoring systems
- Improve gas mileage
- Improves braking
- Improves steering
- Improves handling
- Reduced tire oxidation
- Eliminates interior wheel corrosion
- Reduces running temperatures