Below are a few recommendations from the EPA which estimate you could improve your fuel economy and save up to $690.56 in one year, based on a 16-gallon fuel tank that is re-filled once a week:
• Regular tune-ups / emissions tests: up to 60 cents per gallon
• Replacing air filters regularly: up to 15 cents per gallon
• Properly-inflated tires: up to 5 cents per gallon
• Total potential savings: up to 83 cents per gallon
Toyota’s Camry sedan and Corolla (the world’s best-selling car of all-time), will add some extra summer sizzle with Special Editions for the 2016 model year. Both models are expected to arrive in mid-August.
When redesigning the Camry for 2015, Toyota went bumper to bumper and floor to roof, changing or re-engineering nearly 2,000 parts. Only the roof remained unchanged. Based on the youthful Camry SE, the limited production Camry will add sporty interior and exterior features.
Corolla will launch of the 2016 Corolla Special Edition. Sporty styling features inside and out complement steering wheel paddle shifters, rear…
Today’s vehicles are pretty easy to take care of. Rotate the tires, get regular oil changes, and you’re mostly good to go. Both of those tasks also help create a more fuel efficient car. But if you really want to maximize your dollars at the gas pump, here are 3 lesser-known maintenance tips that people tend to overlook:
1. Use the right oil. Whether you take your car for an oil change or you change it yourself, use the grade of motor oil recommended in your owner’s manual. For example, using 10W-30 motor oil in an engine…
There's a legend that Motorcars Toyota employees are born with a wrench in their hands. Aside from how awkward that would be, it's just not true - many of us come here with no automotive experience at all. Instead, we learn our love of all things auto and our dedication to Customer for Life service from the best role models around: our bosses, the Gile family.
When you treat employees like Customers, it rubs off. Matt Gile is the first to say when we do a good job, and the biggest cheerleader for every new idea that we have…
Winter may ruin our roads, but it doesn't need to ruin our cars. Here are a few tips to stay safe and comfortable in the whiteouts to come.
- The most important thing you can do to keep your vehicle running well is to change the engine oil on schedule. And remember to use the proper grade motor oil and a genuine Toyota oil filter.
- Make sure to replace worn out wiper blades to ensure a clear view of the road under all conditions.
- Being able to stop your vehicle is a critical part of driving. Inspect your brakes at…
Just 3 short years ago, Motorcars' principal, Chuck Gile, experienced a traumatic brain injury, and was given a poor prognosis for survival. Thanks to the good folks at Metro Health's Brain Injury Unit, he has not only survived - he came out of the experience just fine.
To say thanks, Motorcars recently held a charity golf outing. We raised $80,000 to support the research and good work that these folks do. Thank you, Metro Health BIU, for saving our boss!